The iPad, Apple's much anticipated
TabletPC, has been released.
With the Apple iPad released, the
acceptance of TabletPC's seems solid with the iPad resulting
in huge sales thus far.
The iPad is a TabletPC. A TabletPC is generally a
personal computer without a physical keyboard, the input to which is via touch
The Apple iPad, released recently, has a screen approximately the size of a
Apple is renowned for producing high quality easy to use products which have
been widely adopted by users. These products include the iPod and the iPhone,
as well as the Mac range of Personal Computers.
The release of the Apple iPad was much anticipated and led to long queues of
users wanting to buy one.
The iPad boasts the multi-touch screen, many applications, a long battery
life, wide viewing angle, audio/video amongst other great features.
The Apple iPad features include:
- 'Multi-Touch' screen input.
- Landscape and Portrait screen orientation.
- iBooks (eBook) capability.
- Safari web browser.
- Photos and Videos.
- iTunes capability.
- iPad Apps.
- Ability to run iPhone Apps.
- Accessibility (ease of use for disabled).
- Keynote Presentations.
And for the technically minded:
- 9.6" LED backlit 'Mutli-Touch' screen.
- 1024x768 resolutions.
- 16G, 32G or 64Gig Flash Drive.
- 1 Ghz Apple A4 processor.
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery.
- Approx 10 hours battery usage.
- Built in speaker.
- Headphone jack.
- VGA adapter.
- USB cable.
- MicroSD card tray.*
Apple iPads can also
- WiFi model. *
- 3G model to be released later. *
* Please note, not all Apple iPad features necessarily available in all
models nor available yet for sale.
It should also be noted that multi-tasking is not yet available
with the iPad. iPad multi-tasking should come with subsequent releases of the
Apple iPad, hopefully later this year.
The Apple iPad released in the US should be available for International use in
the next few months.
Stay tuned for more Apple iPad news as this TabletPC is sure to have a major
impact on the technology in use over the future,